The Junior League of Daytona Beach, Inc., is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, to developing the potential of women, and to improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League of Daytona Beach reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to volunteerism.
We need community partners and funding to continue our much-needed work and volunteerism in our community. The Junior League of Daytona Beach provides trained volunteers and works with numerous Community Partners to deliver our Community Projects. Our League also provides financial support through Annual Grants to organizations delivering services to women and children in our community.
The Junior League was here!
- Junior League of Daytona Beach Thrift Store: This store provides a valuable community service and is a key fundraiser. The Thrift Store collaborates with several agencies to provide professional work attire for women entering back into the work force. Donations of clothing, shoes, jewelry and household items are accepted during store hours.
- Best Foot Forward: A back to school shopping event for 120+ kids from Title 1 schools in the Daytona Beach area tailored to giving them a one-on-one experience while providing them with much needed items (e.g., new school clothes, uniforms, undergarments, shoes, etc.) for the upcoming school year.
- Junior League of Daytona Beach Diaper Bank: We operate the only diaper bank in Volusia / Flagler Counties. We collect and distribute diapers to selected populations in the area deemed in need.
- Junior League Against Human Trafficking: An education campaign bringing awareness to human trafficking through community-wide events that bring together leadership of various local agencies and businesses to discuss how to identify victims in our area and what can be done to help end this modern-day slavery. In conjunction with local law enforcement agencies, we collect, fill, and provide backpacks containing the basic necessities for those have been affected by Human Trafficking.
- Kids In The Kitchen: This is a children and family wellness initiative to prevent childhood obesity and is supported by the Association of Junior League International Inc. This is an annual event educates children on making healthy food and lifestyle changes through a fun and interactive environment. Students participate in demonstrations and preparations of healthy foods and snacks.
- Discovery Center: The Junior League developed and maintains the Discovery Center at City Island Library, which provides children with books and activities to stimulate learning.
- Easter Seals Center: The Junior League of Daytona Beach founded the Easter Seals Center for children and adults with disabilities. We served as an Easter Seals partner for more than 30 years. In January 2006, the Junior League Persona Optimal Performance (POP) Academy, an after-school program for children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, opened at the Easter Seals Center.
- PACE Center for Girls: Throughout the year the Junior League provides support for the Thanksgiving Luncheon, Done in a Day work project and the Graduation Luncheon.
- Past Programs: Some of our past community outreach initiatives include kids holiday food baskets, and a community baby shower and birthday party.