Learn how the Junior League directly impacts our community: Our outreach programs are designed to provide maximum benefit to our communities through our league volunteers, community partnerships, and direct financial support.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach supports several meaningful events that offer valuable and significant contributions to the Volusia County Community.
Each year the Junior League of Daytona Beach provides grants to community organizations through our fundraising efforts. Last year we gave away $25,000 in grants to the following organizations: Volusia Literacy Council, The House Next Door, Community Partnerships for Children, Inc., Family Renew Community, and Kidds Are First, Inc.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach collaborates with many community partners including Volusia County Schools, City Island Library, Healthy Start Coalition, Head Start, Early Learning Coalition, Homeless Assistance Coalition, STAR Center, Domestic Abuse Council, Children’s Home Society, Halifax Hospital system, Museum of Arts and Sciences, Project WARM, Hospice Care, Jewish Federation, Cancer Society, PACE Center for Girls and the Children’s Advocacy Center.
The League provides monetary donations as well as volunteer labor and support to our Community Partner. The following projects highlight the difference we are making in the community.
- Annual Best Foot Forward: The Junior League provides the opportunity for over 120 children from four local Title I elementary schools to go back to school shopping for clothes and shoes.
- Diaper Bank: A research and development initiative set out to create a diaper bank for the Daytona Beach area residents.
- Human Trafficking Awareness: An education campaign bringing awareness to human trafficking through community-wide events.
- Junior Leagues’ Kids in the Kitchen: This event responds directly to the issues surrounding childhood obesity and poor nutrition.
- Spring Fling at Easter Seals of Volusia and Flagler Counties: This is a heart-warming opportunity for members to interact with clients of Easter Seals’ pre-school to provide respite care for their hard-working caregivers.